Friday, March 18, 2016

Another finished piece

I've finished another of the weekly pieces. This one also has the back embroidered around the pin backing. This week willl  be a week of getting pieces ready for display and sale. (Meaning, there will be outrageous amounts of detached butttonhole stitch. YAY!)(I sure know how to have fun, don't I?)
This week looks like it will also be a studio cleaning and rearranging kind of week. It definitely feels like spring, and I want to take advantage of the smell of new beginnings and the colors of new growth.
I spend so much time online, since that's where I get the majority of my inspiration, that I forget the visceral, commanding qualities of nature that also influence what I do. Sometimes it's good to give in to that wildness, and believe its promises.
Ciao!

Friday, March 04, 2016

Finished!

This large piece is now ready to be made into a pendant. I'm loving the look of the French knots on this one. I have a lot of textures on this piece and the knots are not overwhelming. (As they can be)

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Progress

I only have four more things to do before I cut this loose!
1. Finish blue edge
2. Finish french knots
3. Put in, and integrate, pearls
4. Wire edge.
Goal to get this done today.

Friday, February 26, 2016

ZIPPERS!!!

Zippers are thoroughly loathsome things.
The embroidery is nice enough. The zipper is irrevocably jammed. Apparently I stitched too close to it. Damnit.

I'll try again

Monday, February 22, 2016

Don't be afraid of cliches

I normally avoid color combinations that are too expected. For example, in this piece, red white and blue. By using 2 kinds of red, and two kinds of blue I think I've avoided the pitfall of making this look like a flag.
It's good to remember that cliches are cliches for a reason. Red, white and blue are good heraldic colors. And there are reasons that they're so popular for national symbols.
Happy Stitching!

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sample for a demo

I have a demo on Saturday, and I'll be showing stitching using much larger supplies (should make it easier to teach, I think.) This is all worked in size 5 Perle cotton. I'll post a finished picture tomorrow.