Friday, October 23, 2015

Upcoming class

Class in November this is inspired by a call for entries called Urban Murmurs. I'm really excited about this. I think it will be good to have a group where we all hold each other accountable to get our pieces finished.

Thursday, October 22, 2015

An experiment

Well, this experiment didn't quite work. Though I did learn from it. Cross stitch does, indeed, look better on even weave fabric. At 45 stitches per inch, mistakes show up, remarkably, clearly. And, I can stack magnification. I can use my reading glasses, with additional magnification clip-ons and use my magnifying visor. I have a focal distance of about 2 inches, but everything is clear.

I think this fabric will work well for future Or Nue projects.

(And amazingly, I realized this wasn't working, with only four hours of fussing and stitching, instead of 40)

Happy Stitching!

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Almost done!

The milagro is almost done. Just a little more buttonhole stitch outlining and it's finished. Today I'll be cranking on the vest, and starting the next milagro. (Most likely egyptian themed, but that may change) I have a large Pinterest board of color combinations that I'd like to try out, and these little embroidered patches are a great way to do that.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

On display!

This is a recent piece that is currently hanging in the League of NH headquarters on main street. It's another vest that is covered in numbers from a numbers station that moves around the southwest United States.

There's about 600 hours of stitching in it, mostly split and back stitch with a layer of needle lace on top with pearls and metallic beads.

I'm getting better at these long term pieces,. or at least not bored doing them.
Happy Stitching!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Embroidered milagro

This is almost done, I think I have about 6 hours of stitching left on it and it's done. I'm doing a series of small embroidered applique's for a local art show called "Love, Lust and Desire" and this just seemed to resonate with me for the theme.
I set up a Pinterest board where I've been collecting various images of different milagros. The next will be more Egyptian themed. (I also have plans for a green heart with designs from Italian manuscripts)

I'll be posting updated pictures of the vest tomorrow.

Sunday, October 18, 2015


The experiment is working out well. I should have it finished later today. There'll be some french knots and probably some pearls, or other beadwork. So, now it's time for some coffee and then back to the stitching.