Saturday, December 06, 2003

I love this!
Well, I've been having fun with Rhapsody :) Lovely music program, it works. And, I've been working on a good-sized embroidery project using silk cording, the same stuff that's used for making pearl necklaces. The size of the cording is a bit coarse FFF, if I wanted finer work, I could use F or D, but I need this one to move fast.

By the way, this cording is great for making buttons and buttonholes as well.

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Friday, November 07, 2003

I Found the pearl cotton, in the colors and weights that I want! Yay DMC! Grabbed up a couple spools of the black and some lovely rose colors. I'm not yet sure what I'll do with the rose colored ones, but I'm sure I'll get inspired.

Assembly of the garments is going as well as can be expected. Thank the gods for the flat-lining method of garment construction. So much simpler and quicker.

More later.

Saturday, October 25, 2003

The cloak turned out wonderfully. The embroidered collar looks great and it's just like a great big scarf in feel.

I'm looking forward to doing it up in the orange melton. I'm still debating between black trim or moss green.

Current projects, finished a couple quilt blocks in shades of red to black. Quite nice really.
Finished the embroidery project. It's easily the best thing I've ever done.

Starting the pattern altering for Robert, and considering, strongly, making the same jacket for myself for Arisia. I'd look fabulous in a dark-ash-grey velveteen with brick red and ivory embroidery.

More later

Friday, October 17, 2003

Just a quick note, I'm working on a new cloak. The wool is a little thinner than I rememembered it, but it will drape well and eventually will make a great lining for my much nicer cloak.

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Oh this is just too beautiful to keep to myself. Enjoy :)
Okay, the shirt went horribly awry. I ended up having to cut it off, after trying it on. So I finished a hat instead, and converted the fabric and embroidery into napkins. At least those are pretty and I don't have to worry if they fit.

On a positive note...I tried out the "Elizabethan Men's Wardrobe" pattern from Margot Anderson. The shirt turned out beautifully. I just need to cut down the sleeves a few inches and attach a new set of cuffs. It looks absolutely glorious in a dark rusty orange. And, there's enough left over material for lining either a cloak or a set of moss-green velvet paned sleeves.

Saturday, October 04, 2003

The shirt has not been going well, although the embroidery has been.

I had planned to wear it to an SCA even this morning. It's now four and a half hours later and I'm realizing that it needs underarm gussets, else I can't even put it on.

Thankfully I have enough of the fabric left to do it. I can't get more of the fabric, I figured out that I bought this about 18 years ago, and am only now getting around to using it.

Friday, October 03, 2003

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted to this.

I'm starting a new shirt in a heavy taupe colored linen. Apparently this, as well as orange, is a color I like. I also found some wool, some wierd tapestry material, and some garment weight wool, all in the same color.

Once again, I've forgotten to cut the interfacing for the collar at the same time as the pattern pieces, no big hardship, but must fiddle with it a bit more than I'd normally wish.

I'm planning out some embroidery of a vine around the collar and cuff, but it might get abbreviated to a single leaf shape. Will think on it tomorrow.