Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm back!

Hi Folks, I'm, once again, attempting to post more regularly. So, unless it's raining (I carry my computer to the studio) I'll be posting on Monday, Wed, and Fri. If it's raining, there might be a quickie posting via the cell-phone-thingie.

So here's one of the projects that I'm working on... (click to enbiggen)
Once again, I'm trying to work on a necklace, this time it's going a lot smoother.
The technique I'm doing is wrapped cord. I'm using basic no.10 crochet cotton, wrapped with two strands of  Sulky rayon thread. I take two whips around the cord, plunge the needle and then back up, to take two more wraps, and then just keep going.
 I like to keep the cord on a needle to make it easier to plunge behind the embroidery.
The numbers in the circles are the order of work. It should make more sense when there's more done. Okay then folks, I'll see you in a couple days.

Happy stitching!

No comments: