Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Laying in some heavy gold

Well, I'm at the point in this project where I'm couching down 8 to 10 strands of gold thread at a time. I'm using this to evoke mermaid's hair, so there will be strands of this throughout the piece. I'm using a thread that is very very close to the background fabric color, that way it will be as if the hair appears and disappears. I think it's a nice effect, and it casts a good shadow.

I apologize for the quality of my photos, I'm using my phone to photograph and write these posts It's easier for me to do this every day if I'm using tools that are readily at hand (like the bluetooth keyboard I use for typing this out, spiffy little thing)

I'm not entirely comfortable being outgoing on the internet yet, but I hope other folks can use the way I work as a jump off point for their own creative endeavors. We all see further by standing on the shoulders of giants, or even each other. It's a way to support the next generation of artists and craftspeople.

So, please, feel free to stand on my shoulders and see what you can make.

Happy stitching!


No comments: